EASY UPDATES: ADD OUR MODERN ACCENT TABLES
In our way of thinking about furnishing a home, we prefer all our comfortable chairs to have their own luxury side table for a drink, snack, and book while you relax.
We also love Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams modern accent tables for refreshing a room: They’re fun and easy additions that bring newness and a dash of personality to your interiors.
Perfect marriages of function and form, these high-quality tables come in many styles and shapes to complement your sofas, sectional sofas, chairs, swivels, chaises, and more.
You may see these highly functional pieces referred to by different names, such as side table, accent table, end table, or occasional table. You’ll also see some called “pull-up” tables: flexible tables named for their lighter weight and trimmer size, which allows them to be moved where needed with ease.
Bedroom-plus: Also keep in mind that our beautiful bedside nightstands and small chests are great for flanking sofas in your living areas. Their generous drawers and shelf space are an advantage in your quest to keep your family organized.
Made for Nesting: Functionality-wise, another smart investment is the nesting table, which is actually two or three tables sized to stack on top of each other. You’ll find both nesting side tables and nesting cocktail tables with great style. They are ideal for entertaining, keeping extra serving surfaces ready when needed.
Flexible for You: Also consider the popular “C-shape” pull-up table, like the glass-and-metal style with an open and airy feel in our customizable Vienna Collection. Its base can tuck under a sofa or chair so that you can pull it close when snacking or working on your laptop.
Coffee Table Alternative: Note that a duo or trio of modern side tables can also be a smart substitution for a coffee table. This is especially effective in front of a sleeper sofa, as they’re light and easy to put someplace else when you need to take out the bed. They’re also a good arrangement for small spaces, giving a visually lighter feel and having more flexibility than a single coffee table.
Complement or Contrast? With our wide selection of side tables, you can go two ways: Contrast them with the style of your rooms, choosing unexpected options that add more texture, color, attention-getting sculptural shapes, and a design aesthetic different from your everyday style. Or, if a serene look is the goal, you can keep things harmonious by including accent tables, modern console tables, and contemporary cocktail tables from the same collections.
Bring in Natural Materials with Our Modern Accent Tables
Small-scale yet substantial, our high-quality modern accent tables make it easy for you bring the outdoors in by layering rich natural materials such as marble, petrified wood, cork, and grass cloth into your design scheme. Stunning finishes range from cool polished stainless steel to warm brushed brass, and include luxurious materials like the gold- and silver-leaf interiors of our Soleil Collection. And note an accent table can even add a pop of color, as with our American-made Addie Collection, offered in fashionable hues of navy, spruce, matte black, and glossy white. You can also bring in the beauty of contrasting materials with luxury side tables in blends of Omani marble and natural teak, agate stone and reeded rattan, and pale oak with shimmering brass trim.
Choose Modern Accent Tables to Suit Your Seating
Our side tables can be problem solvers. For instance:
- A pull-up table can be especially useful with three-seat sofas or expansive sectionals where the person in the middle might not have a cocktail table or side table within reach.
- And an accent table with a slender pedestal base can be a space saver, making it a great companion to a petite chair in compact quarters.
- You’ll also want to ensure the arm heights of your upholstery pieces work with the heights of your end tables so that it’s easy to put down a glass.
- Also keep height in mind when choosing lamps for your end tables; be sure they’re tall enough to give proper illumination for reading.
More Spots for Modern Accent Tables to Shine
Along with living areas and bedrooms, don’t forget the role side tables can play in other areas of your home:
- In the dining room, a petite side table can augment the serving surface a buffet provides. Keep it tucked in a corner, then place it beside the host’s chair when entertaining to keep extra bottles of wine handy. This is a good opportunity to create a contrast in style or material. For example, if you have a mid-century buffet table in warm wood, introduce a jewelry-like accent with a side table in lustrous metal.
- In a small bedroom, a pair of side tables can serve as stylish and well-sized alternatives to nightstands on either side of the bed.
- In a primary bedroom, a luxury side table set between two comfy chairs makes a quiet spot for morning coffee or a nightcap together. Or pair an armchair and a modern accent table for a cozy reading nook.
- In a spa-like primary bath, place an accent table tub-side to hold a towel—and perhaps a glass of wine or cup of tea to sip while you soak.
- On the patio or porch: Remember you can enjoy the convenience of modern accent tables inside and out. Give your outdoor living spaces the same practicality and style with weather-resistant luxury side tables from the MG+BW Outdoor Collection.